Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Dead Alive movie review



Dead Alive (1992) on IMDb 
I am not empty, I am not apathetic, and I like watching ghouls get torn to pieces on screen.

Dead Alive or Braindead (the North American title) is Peter Jackson's horror cult classic, done with awesome special effects, hilarious acting, and endless gags. You don't even need to know the plot of this film to enjoy it. Just load it up at any place and you'll be laughing. For me that's really appealing, especially since I like to watch movies so that I can critique the wasted effort of some horse shit. This film is so conscious of the fact of how easy it is to objectively call this film horseshit though that I immediately fell in love with it

It's in some ways not dark enough though, like the film is just one shade away from being covered in a decent amount of abyssal blackness. Maybe it has something to do with the setting, although things get darker and darker as the movie progresses.

I don't want to spoil anything but this movie is a must-watch

My Score 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment