Saturday, April 27, 2019

Advice for those with Personality Disorders/Bipolar Disorder

This is my own personal advice so don't take it to be 100% effective or anything but my advice to those suffering form personality disorders or bipolar disorder is to learn another language.

The benefits of learning another language are many. It can help you get a job, pretty much everywhere needs bilingual workers now so you'll have an edge over other people. It also opens the doors to another culture that you can now communicate with because you have learned the language. Now, I'm not saying go run off to Bolivia and ditch your old life, but try to learn a language that could be practical in your current life. In this way it will be easier for you to practice with other people in the radius of where you are living. Luckily for me, I live in an area with people who speak a wide array of different languages so I can practice languages like Farsi here. If you don't have anyone other than your own native language to speak to then look online for pdf's or audio files for a language that has literature you would like to read. This way you can comfortably enjoy these works in their native tongue and pick up on the full intention of the author.

When I have spoke to other people who are bilingual they have told me that when they speak in another language they embody a different personality. They also told me some interesting things about their dreams. When they have a dream in another language than the one they speak most often it is a drastically different experience than their regular dreams. People who speak in two languages often do not report experiencing this.

If anything it can be a regular morning routine or something, to wake you up and keep working at. There are lots of different ways to study with flashcards and software but I think people can figure that out for themselves. My personal favorite way is to have a conversation with someone. This helps me gauge my actual aptitude in using the language. But I know of people who learned entirely by listening to audio everyday for a period of time.

Anyways, once you learn a language if you don't practice consistently you will forget how to speak in it. All you need to do is some prepping before hand and you'll be much better. Repetitive practice is the best way to learn a language. Always practice speaking.




No comments:

Post a Comment