Sunday, November 10, 2019

disposing this blog towards to personal writings, redirecting more thought out writings to ICE PICK

I am almost finished with the first edition of Ice Pick Magazine. This creation has taken so much intense brainstorming, as it contains a story that I have struggled in finding a way to package and share with an audience. I have been working on "Moldbreaker" for the past 6 years.

To be fair though, the beginning of an "indie" project is always the toughest especially when you lack the confidence to just give it your all. Although, I do have confidence in my writing ability, it's more of a security issue that I am getting at here. There is a lot of instability that I have witnessed with young writers, even those who give it their all. Critics will dismiss work just because of one sentence that is worded in a way that they don't approve of. Social media has become less and less social and more and more tyrannical, fueled by a schizophrenic want to be there for the common man all-the-while though, making sure to follow through with each and every request their corporate sponsors ask of them. And now, even the smaller, less well known websites are overrun by the most non-sensical shit posters.

Again though, this all supports an observation that I have noted in contemporary history. The middle class is always the most persecuted, and has been the most persecuted class of people for the last three quarters of a century.

When I first started college, I was all about being radical and making large, sweeping changes. But once I started attracting people to my group I began to really dislike those who think radically, mainly because they were like a pack of rabid dogs. It seemed like any idea that we came up with was swallowed up by an uncontrollable desire to consume. This was not what I believed to be the goal of the group, not to make sure that people can consume massive amounts of content only to be swallowed and ingested, ultimately turning what we had come up with into shit. It was to execute ideas, thoughtfully and methodically. Unfortunately, these people were more into fantasizing about change and just sharing ideas that could satisfy their delusional minds.

And now, I find myself working alone and with a small group of close friends, which is what I was aiming for all along. We can think things out for a longer term as opposed to feverishly proposing climactic visions which are only meant to garner attention for the moment.

Alright now that I have gotten that reminiscing out of the way, here is the cover for the first edition.


 

It will include:
  • A short political essay
  • Chapter 1 of Moldbreaker (my science-fiction narrative)
  • Part one of my poetry book The Age of Chickens
I am going to put the pdf out on minds.com and my website. If anybody out there has any better ideas on where I can put this so people can view it just reach out through twitter, email or this blog.

The schedule for these will be that they are released on the 10th and 30th of every month. So two editions every month. The next edition will be much longer as it will also contain chapter one of another story by a different author.

So that about wraps up this blog post. If you are in anyway interested in submitting writing to this publication or have any other comments, don't hesitate to email me at boomcityicon@protonmail.com

Peace

⁠—



No comments:

Post a Comment